Wednesday 12 March 2008

Interpretations and Influences

Brainstorming or thought showering ideas is something that I have done before, however I am unaccustomed at creating mind maps. Listening to the music and recording my emotions in this way is something I have never done until now.

Although I have no affinity for the Music presented to me, I never realised until doing the listening exercise that music could be so influential and affect all your senses. It caused me to feel nausea and disorientated. My interpretation of music is sounds that possess a degree of melody, or harmony, in reflection the music presented was disjointed and somewhat disturbing. Despite these feelings I was able to form a positive review of the CD.







Currently I have created only the two mood boards that relate to just a couple of the tracks from the album. I am excited at the prospect of creating more visual interpretations and should enjoy the other task of identifying influential logo designs.

Tasks for the week:
  1. Collect major company and Record companies logos - annotate them
  2. Think about how can the word 'Emit' be visually represented?
  3. Post more visuals that represent my progression of thought related to the CD.

3 comments:

John Browne said...

Good start Mark, looks like you've done well this week.

I too was a little of guard in the music related task. It is suprising how much can be gained from a single music track in terms of inspiration and design.

As mentioned in Sue's comments, I feel that random music such as this will be recognised a lot more often in the future. Which could offer huge ammounts of inspiration in all aspects of design, whether its personal, or business.

Liam Corfield said...

I must say Mark, those Mod Boards ar amazing, as J.B said yove done well this week. I also didnt know what to expect with the music, but so much createvity come flying out at once. its a good genre of music.

James Bell said...

This task has shown me the strong effect that music can have. I too didn't really like the music I have but like Liam said it's provides you with so much creativity.

Your mood boards look really good and they show a wide range of emotions and feelings.