Wednesday 7 May 2008

Ensuring the deadline is achievable

Over the past week, I feel gratified with my achievements. The Corporate Manual is now completed and all that’s left to do is to source a printer who can achieve my deadline of Friday. One company that I can rely on to do this is ASAP Digital, based in Sheffield. Liaising with Mark at the printers I am finalising the specification prior to submitting the artwork. I have decided to choose a 150gsm Gloss paper for the manual, it will add rigidity and printed on gloss should reduce the drying time; therefore ensuring the deadline is achievable.

Progress with the other parts of the assignment has been difficult due to locating suitable imagery that would correspond with the visual I created in my sketchbook. Thankfully, I have now worked up three polished digipak outer covers. As always any feedback would be welcomed.

DESIGN No.1



DESIGN No.2



DESIGN No.3


Targets this week
In order to complete the assignment on time, I must ensure that the advert and cd inners are finished and then evaluate the whole project.

4 comments:

Webomatic said...

Hi Mark

I would like to say i think all of your designs are very impressive and i actually like them all.

I haven't listened to your music so i am not sure on the style. However two of them seem to be more space related so i'm guessing that is the theme.

The designs i think would match perfectly are the 1st one and third one.

Thanks, Martyn

Mark Torrington said...

Martyn, thank you for your comment, you have confirmed my thoughts. I will now start the cd inner and cd artwork, based on the first design.

Suzanne Hullah said...

Have to agree with Martyn, your ideas are very impressive and certainly show any of my creations up!! Of the designs you've shown, I'm really attracted to idea one. I think if I saw that on a CD it would draw me in.

Michelle Bonfield said...

Who's a clever boy then!

Blimey you have been busy and you have produced some extremely impressive designs which have excellent attention to detail.

Obviously all of them display a professional level of expertise but I also favor design #1. It has more of a visual narrative then the other designs and would entice me to listen to the music.