Tuesday 29 April 2008

Mixed feelings

This week I feel disappointed with my progression, I originally planned to have the corporate manual completed and three other Digipak® designs uploaded with this blog. Probably it is just the way I work, but I don’t seem to get into an assignment until the last few weeks. Day to day I have to turn things around so fast, having a month over a project seems endless. Rather than complete it in the first few weeks, I find myself pondering over the slightest detail.

I intend to revisit my production schedule and complete everything other than the evaluation for next week.

Currently pleased with my corporate Identity, although I feel it is requires further development. It is a square leaflet that folds out into an A3 poster.

Side 1. Front cover top left and Back cover top middle
(Folded across middle and folded again to allow grey section to meet)



Side 2. Creates an A3 poster when the leaflet is folded out.

5 comments:

Suzanne Hullah said...

What an excellent style guide you have there, an amazing idea!! A lot of work has gone into that style guide and it certainly shows.

Chin up on the progression front, everyone has their slow weeks where they feel nothing productive has been done but that will all change with the deadline edging closer and closer.

Tom Smith said...

Nice work, Mark. A really innovative idea for a way to display your corporate style. Excellent.

Where's your DL envelope? Have you not got around to completing this yet? Just thought I'd ask so you don't forget!

Michelle Bonfield said...

I relate to you completely with the fussing over small details. Sometimes it's too easy to loose sight of the bigger picture, when we seem to have so much time to play with.

However, I think you're creating unnecessary work for yourself with wanting to develop the style guide further! It is already a fantastic piece of design, just slot in the DL envelope and be happy with your creation!

James Bell said...

Wow. Your style guide looks brilliant and I really like the idea of it being a leaflet.

Getting people to read style guide is often difficult but I am sure they wouldn't object to looking at yours.

One small thing is that you have the "Don't contain the logo in a box or any other shape" twice on the don't list.

Gary Benn said...

The style guide is very good, I like it. You can just see the amount of time and thought that has been put into it.

I also like the way you have taken a curved letter head. I think it shows perfectly what the company is all about.

Nice work!