Tuesday 22 April 2008

Lead us not into temptation, but deliver the corporate manual (mark blog37)

Whilst I enjoy creating different design solutions to represent the Emit record label, I find writing a corporate manual quite tedious. I may have to design a different approach to a corporate manual. Developing a standard A4 manual is something I don’t struggle to do, I just would rather create the initial concepts for the Digipak® Outer. Therefore, please feel free to comment on my initial cover design.



The corporate manual is coming along but very slowly. I need to knuckle down and complete it, before I am tempted to create another Digipak® Outer.

My target this week is to complete the manual and at least another three cover designs to present at my next tutorial. Although a difficult task to take on, I am determined I can complete it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Tom Smith said...

I really like the initial cover design. I particularly like the colours used, which represent the ambience of the music well. I also like the way you've merged the images together, which you've managed to do tastefully and effectively.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the font for 'International Peoples Gang'. It seems a bit harsh, and doesn't really fit with the relaxed feeling of the rest of the design.

John Browne said...

Unlike Tom I feel the whole concept of the design works well, even the 'International Peoples Gang' text. To me it appears energetic. The leaping person defines this along with some very compatible colour.

Andrew said...

The colour scheme you've used on the cover is great, really helps you get a feel for what type of music that's on the cd; I think the style you've gone for with the tech parts added and the obvious techno font have worked well together to also convey the style of your music.

One thing I can't work out is, where the spine is at, I thought I did know but looking at it; they can't be the right measurements if thats the spine. Obviously by now you will of made some changed with it, I'm eager to see how you've further developed this concept.