Wednesday 8 April 2009

Cracked on with my portfolio design

I have been juggled work this week between my personal portfolio and the final project, although it has been quite a challenge I feel disappointed I haven’t made more progress. On the plus side, I feel I have cracked on with my portfolio design. Following the comments I received from my fellow students and a brief chat last week with Steve the Tutor, I have removed my head from the webpage. Initial, I chose to use my head to give users an idea what I looked like, breaking the ice and thus adding a personal touch to an otherwise dull webpage. After considering all the feedback I decided to drop the head and set about creating a self-portrait, it may sound drastic however, I realised that it would look friendlier and show to people I can illustrate as well as create beautiful websites.

This is my self-portrait in cartoon form:
By not adding any shading will be easier to generate a vector version. Next week, I intend to complete the vectored image and insert it into the webpage. I even have drawn my trademark tanktop jumper.


These are my new screen designs:
(still not sure what colours to use yet. I would like it to look professional but not boring)

Weekly Time Sheet:
College=3hrs, Home=19hrs


These were my targets:
1. Research KS1 Maths and shapes
(I started but not have not completed to a satisfactory level)

2. Full development process = Target Audience, Competitive Analysis, Web Plan
(Completed Target Audience and part way through Competitive Analysis)

3. Create final portfolio screen designs
(After re-doing the designs I have created brand new set of screen designs)

Next weeks targets:
1. Gain some feedback on new portfolio designs and create initial website
2. Gather more research into KS1 Maths and develop resources
e.g. What am I shape quiz and division on the line
3. Complete Competitive Analysis and Web Plan

No comments: